Durable, versatile and incredibly powerful, make NovaWeld SignFix 7 your adhesive of choice for bonding metals, composites and engineering plastics.
NovaWeld SignFix 7 methacrylate structural adhesive – ideal for:
Signage: Structural bonding, especially when you need high impact strengths. Bonds most sign making materials, including:
- Mild and stainless steels
- Polycarbonate and acrylic sheets
- Composite panels
- Stone and ceramics
Manufacturing: Use to bond bighead fasteners and other locators onto aluminium composites in the signage, construction, marine, utility, petrochemical industries, and in general manufacturing.
Automotive: Protects the integrity of vehicle roofs, spoilers, vents, housings.
Other: SignFix 7 is the structural adhesive solution for wind turbines, fibreglass and sports goods.
Why NovaWeld SignFix 7 structural glue?
NovaWeld SignFix 7’s anti-sag properties means the bond won’t run, even on vertical surfaces. The high temperature glue formulation lets you bond metal parts prior to powder-coating and oven stoving cycles.
You don’t need to prime surfaces to achieve a strong bond, and once in place the bond will be highly resistant to shearing, peeling, solvents, moisture, lubricants and cleaning chemicals – even when used to fill larger gaps.
NovaWeld SignFix 7
For the performance of SignFix 7 in a lower viscosity structural glue, ask for SignFix 6.
How to apply NovaWeld SignFix 7 methacrylate adhesive
- Consult the SignFix material safety data sheet (MSDS) before using for the first time.
- Carry out surface preparation where required.
- Remove cap. Repeatedly press the gun trigger until both parts are dispensing before attaching mixer nozzle. This ensures you mix equal amounts of adhesive and activator.
- Apply the mixed adhesive to one surface. Assemble components carefully and clamp if required. Take care not to over-tighten – you need to leave some adhesive between the joint.
- Remove any excess adhesive at this point, before the structural glue starts to cure. Use a suitable cleaner such as NovaBond Surface Cleaner.
- Allow the adhesive sufficient time to achieve handling strength (working time is 5-10 minutes depending on environmental conditions) before moving or unclamping. Full cure and ultimate bond strength will take 24 hours to achieve.
NovaWeld SignFix 7 structural glue technical information
NovaWeld Sign 7 is available in 50ml and 400ml nylon cartridges for use with a dispensing gun.
|ABC||Glav / Zinc coated|
Properties of uncured material
|Colour||Yellow / White|
|Viscosity brookfield t bar||400,000 to 600,000cps|
|Cure system c||exothermic|
|Open time||7 minutes @ 20°c 10g mass|
|Handling strength||12 minutes @ 20°c|
Performance of cured material
|ASTM D1002 lapshear||Average of 16|
|ASTM D638 tensile||Up to 30 Nmm2|
|Standard temperature||-55°C to 120°C|
|Paint bake cycle||20 minutes @ 220°C|
|Aluminium lapshear following moist cataplasm||26.7 MPA|
|Shore hardness||75 shore D|